Friday, November 4, 2011

What Makes a Rainbow?

"Every problem has in it the seeds of its own solution.  
If you don't have any problems, you don't get any seeds."
-Norman Vincent Peale

Remember when I wrote about my wish list?  Remember those photos of our signage that were lovely and important but boring pine, and I asked for a gift certificate to Home Depot so that they could get painted?  Well, we got a gift certificate--which means they got painted!

Check out their story:

First they were primed:

 Eighth grade scholar Alex Loza helped a parent volunteer with the priming and painting.
I took pictures.
I'm helpful.




then painted:
Gillikin Purple

 Winkie Blue

Quadling Red

then placed back on the shelf in all their glory:

Emerald Green

 This one is my favorite.  First we painted it blue, then decided that was too dark, so we went over it in red, 
but only the front.  You can still see the blue.  I call it the Superman Sign.


Look how much they brighten up the back wall of the library!

I am surprised how much adding just a splash of color does to cheerify the space.  Ms. Winberry popped in for a brief moment to drop something off and immediately mentioned how much they add to the ambiance in here.

I'd like to thank everyone who contributed to this project -- the donor, the painters, and the admirers.  It's people like you who make life so much better for our kids.

Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment